Dhul Hijja ذوالحجّه
(12th Lunar Month of Islamic Calendar)
A Sacred Month of Sacrifice
- Contact Naqshbandi of Vancouver to Do the Qurban (Sacrifice)
- Conduct of Hajj – According to Naqshbandi Spiritual Path
- ‘Eid’s Takbeerat – Eid’s Takbeerat in Arabic and English with a translation
- Arafah’s Adab (Practices) – The practices and du’as of the day of ‘Arafah
A’odhu billahi minash shaytaanir rajeem
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
I seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the rejected one
In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
2:196 – “And complete the Hajj and ‘umrah for Allah. But if you are prevented, then [offer] what can be obtained with ease of sacrificial animals…” (Holy Quran, 2:196)
Welcoming the Holy Month of Dhul Hijjah & ‘Arafah
On the day before the first day of Dhul Hijjah (30th day of Dhul Qi’dah – 11th Lunar month), it is recommended to do the following practices;
After Salatul ‘Asr (before sunset) prayer
- Perform the Major ritual Purification (Ghusul/Shower)
- Dress in the best clothes
- Make Wudu (ablution)
- Pray 2 raka’at Salatul Tahyatul Wudu (Pray two-cycle regular prayer)
- Make Niyyat (Intention) by reciting:
نُوَيْتُ الْاَرْبَعِينْ، نُوَيْتُ الْاَعْتِكَافْ، نُوَيْتُ الْخَلْوَة، نُوَيْتُ الْعِزْلَة، نُوَيْتُ الرِّيَاضَة، نُوَيْتُ السُّلُوكْ وَالصِّيَامْ لِلّهِ تَعَالَي اَلْعَظِيمْ فِيْ هَذَا الْمَسْجِدْ
( فِيْ هَذَا الْجَامِعْ )
Nawaytul Arba’een, Nawaytul ‘itikaf, Nawaytul Khalwah
Nawaytul ‘Uzlah, Nawaytur Riyada, Nawaytus Sulook wa Siyam,
Lillahi Ta`ala l ‘Azhim fee hadhal masjid (or fee hadhal jami`)
I intend the forty (days of seclusion), I intend seclusion in the mosque, I intend seclusion, I intend isolation, I intend discipline (of the ego), I intend to travel in God’s Path, I intend to fast, for the sake of God in this mosque.
To have the intention that Allah makes me to meet spiritually with Rasulullah (saws), Imam al Mahdi (as) and Mawlana Shaykh).
Fasting in First 10 days of Dhul Hijjah
The first 10 days of Dhul Hijja is very hole and people try to fast as many days as you can from those 10 days. It is mustahabb (highly recommended) for those who are not pilgrims to fast on the day of ‘Arafah.
It is Recommended to fast:
- 9th of Dhul Hijjah – Yawmmul ‘Arafah – (Day of ‘Arafat)
Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Fasting the day of ‘Arafat expiates the sins of two years: a past one and a coming one…” [Muslim (no. 1162)]
Imam Ghazali said in ‘Ihya’ `Ulum al-Din’ :
“Fasting is definitely desirable in certain meritorious days, some of them being found in every year, others in every month, and others in every week. Those that are found in every year after the days of Ramadan are:
- The Day of ‘Arafah [9th of Dhul Hijja]
- The Day of ‘Ashura [10th of Muharram]
- The first Ten Days of Dhu al Hijja
- The first ten days of Muharram
And all the sacred months are preferred for fasting… and they are:
- Dhul Qi’dah
- Dhul Hijjah
- Muharram and
Significance of the First Ten Days and Nights of Dhul Hijja
‘Abd Allah ibn Mas`ud said: The Prophet ﷺ said: “There are no days in the year in which deeds are more meritorious than in the Ten Days [i.e. the first ten days of Dhu al Hijja].” Someone asked: “Not even Jihad in the path of Allah?” He replied: “Not even Jihad in the path of Allah.” Haythami said: “Tabarani narrated it in al Mu’jam al-kabir and the narrators in its chain of transmission are all those of sound (sahih) narrations.
The nights are included in the mention of the days. Allah swore an oath by them when He said: “By the Dawn! By Ten Nights!” (89:1-2) and the authors of Tafsir al-Jalalayn said: “They are the first ten nights of Dhul Hijja.”
وَالْفَجْرِ ﴿١﴾ وَلَيَالٍ عَشْرٍ ٢
68:1-2 – “Wal Fajr. Wa layalin ‘ashr.” (Surah al Fajr)
“By the Dawn. And [by] ten nights.” (Holy Quran
Prayer and Sacrifice in `Eid Ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice)
لَبَّيْكَ اللَّهُمَّ لَبَّيْكَ، لَبَّيْكَ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَكَ لَبَّيْكَ، إِنَّ الْحَمْدَ، وَالنِّعْمَةَ، لَكَ وَالْمُلْكَ، لاَ شَرِيكَ لَكَ
Labbayk Allahumma Labbayk, Labbayka la sharika laka Labbayk,
Innal Hamda, wan Ni’mata laka wal Mulk, La sharika lak.
Here I am O Allah (AllahuMma), Here I am. You have no partner, here I am.
Verily all praise and blessings, and all sovereignty/Kingdom are Yours, You have no partner.
‘Eid’s Takbeerat – Eid’s Takbeerat in Arabic and English with a translation
- It is recommended not to eat anything on the day of `Eid al-Adha until one perform the Prayer.
- It is recommended to perform ghusl (major ablution) before the prayer, any time after Fajr even if one does not attend the prayer.
- It is recommended for men to dress their best and wear perfume.
- It is Sunnah to come to the mosque early and on foot, and to return home by a different route.
It is preferable for a `Eid Congregation to pray outdoors. The `Eid prayer is a Sunnah mu’akkada or confirmed Sunnah and is recommended to be prayed in congregation. It is wajib (obligatory) in the Hanafi madhhab and therefore required of every person who is required to perform Jum’ah, i.e. healthy male residents of the region in which it is performed.
It is a Sunnah mu’akkada and, in the Hanafi madhhab, a wajib, for every adult Muslim man and woman to sacrifice at least one shat — a sheep or a goat — for `Eid al Adha. This may be done any time after the prayer on the first day of `Eid until sunset on the last of the two days following the first day. One may have someone else perform the sacrifice on his behalf, whether in his presence or in absent.
Complete the Sunnah of Qurban (Sacrifice)
From The Naqshbandi Center of Vancouver and Shaykh Nurjan Mirahmadi
Getting Ready for the Holy month of Pilgrimage Hajj. The Days of Qurban, sacrifice, for the sake of Allah are approaching with Dhul Hijjah starting on or around September 1, 2016 inshAllah. We remind everyone that the udhiya is a Sunnah Mu’akkadah (confirmed action of the Prophet ﷺ) in the madhhabs of Imam Malik, Ahmad bin Hanbal and Imam Shafi`ee and it is wajib (required) in the madhhab of Imam Abu Hanifah.
This is an excellent time to give in the Way of Allah (swt) and to receive the tajalli’s of this holy month. If you are not already doing so, please consider signing-up for monthly support through PayPal. Giving monthly support allows us the opportunity to become a shareholder in these blessings, so that our families can be dressed by them, and is highly recommended. All donations are tax deductible at the end of the year, inshallah.
وَسَيُجَنَّبُهَا الْأَتْقَى ﴿١٧﴾ الَّذِي يُؤْتِي مَالَهُ يَتَزَكَّىٰ ﴿١٨
92:17-18 – “Wa sayujannabuha al atqa. Al ladhi yutee maalahu, yatazakka.” (Surah al Layl)
“But the righteous one [who is conscious of Allah] will avoid it [hell fire]. Those who spend their wealth to Purify himself/increase in self-purification.” (Holy Quran, The Night)
All proceeds go towards supporting the Center and its programs. Therefore it is also considered money spent in the Way of Allah (swt). Every donation we give, takes away many difficulties from our lives and surrounds us and our loved ones with blessings. If you would like to give a donation you may do so online or give personally to Mawlana Shaykh Nurjan, inshallah. May Allah (swt) reward everyone here and Hereafter for their generosity and their commitment to supporting the true message of Islam in these difficult times!
Donate Online Now: click HERE to make a donation today!
To Support and complete the Sunnah of Qurban (Sacrifice) of ‘Eid ul Adha, please contact the Naqshbandi of Vancouver as early as you can.
Articles on Secrets of Hajj and ‘Arafat
By: Mawlana Shaykh Nurjan Mirahmadi
- Hajj is ‘Arafat, ‘Arafat’s Secret is Ismail (as) – Representing Maqam Ihsan (Excellence/Perfection)
- Secrets of Sacrifice and Hajj in 12th Lunar month- Realities of Prophet Ismail, Innocent Youth, Maqam Ihsan
- Surah Yusuf (Joseph), Description of a Seeker’s Journey – Secrets of 12th Chapter of Holy Quran, Yusuf (as)’s life is Story of a mureed on Tariqa
- Reality of Hajj – Everything Makes Tawaf (Circumambulation)
- Reality of Tawaf (Circumambulation) – Ka’bah is the heart of the Believer, Madina is the House of Allah
- Realities of Circle and Secrets of Hajj – First Hajj was in the womb
- Reality of Hajj – Your 7 Names in 7 Paradises, 7 Tawaaf
- 7 Springs of Knowledge & Emanations Safa wa Marwah –
- It is the Time of the Mahdiyon – Muhammadan Hadi (Most Guided)