آدَابُ شَهْرِ ذُوالْحِجَّه
Aadaab Shahri Dhul Hijjah
Practices and Du’as of Dhul Hijjah
A Sacred Month of Sacrifice
- Contact Sufi Meditation Center of Vancouver to do the Qurban (Sacrifice)
- ‘Arafah’s Adab (Practices) – The practices and du’as of the day of ‘Arafah
- Takbirat ul ‘Eid – Arabic, transliteration with English translation
Welcoming the Holy Month of Dhul Hijjah
A’uzu Billahi Minash Shaitanir Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
I seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the rejected one
In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
On the day before the first day of Dhul Hijjah (30th day of Dhul Qi’dah – 11th Lunar month), it is recommended to do the following practices;
After Salatul ‘Asr (before sunset) prayer
- Perform the Major ritual Purification (Ghusul/Shower)
- Dress in the best clothes
- Make Wudu (ablution)
- Pray 2 raka’at Salatul Tahyatul Wudu (Pray two-cycle regular prayer)
- Make Niyyat (Intention) by reciting:
نُوَيْتُ الْاَرْبَعِينْ، نُوَيْتُ الْاَعْتِكَافْ، نُوَيْتُ الْخَلْوَة، نُوَيْتُ الْعِزْلَة، نُوَيْتُ الرِّيَاضَة، نُوَيْتُ السُّلُوكْ وَالصِّيَامْ لِلّهِ تَعَالَي اَلْعَظِيمْ فِيْ هَذَا الْمَسْجِدْ ( فِيْ هَذَا الْجَامِعْ )
Nawaytul Arba’een, Nawaytul ‘itikaf, Nawaytul Khalwah,
Nawaytul ‘Uzlah, Nawaytur Riyada, Nawaytus Sulook wa Siyam,
Lillahi Ta’ala al ‘Azhim fi hazal masjid (or fee hadhal jami`)
I intend the forty (days of seclusion), I intend seclusion in the mosque, I intend seclusion, I intend isolation, I intend discipline (of the ego), I intend to travel in God’s Path, I intend to fast, for the sake of God in this mosque.
To have the intention that Allah makes me to meet spiritually with Rasulullah (saws), Imam al Mahdi (as) and Mawlana Shaykh).
Significance of the First Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah
The nights are included in the mention of the days. Allah swore an oath by them when He said: “By the Dawn! By Ten Nights!” (89:1-2) and the authors of Tafsir al-Jalalayn said: “They are the first ten nights of Dhul Hijjah.”
وَالْفَجْرِ ﴿١﴾ وَلَيَالٍ عَشْرٍ ٢
89:1-2 – “Wal Fajr. Wa layalin ‘ashr.” (Surat al Fajr)
“By the Dawn. And [by] ten nights (i.e. the first ten days of the month of Dhul-Hijjah)” (The Dawn, 89:1-2)
‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud (ra) said: The Prophet ﷺ said: “There are no days in the year in which deeds are more meritorious than in the Ten Days [i.e. the first ten days of Dhu al Hijjah].” Someone asked: “Not even Jihad in the path of Allah?” He replied: “Not even Jihad in the path of Allah.” Haythami said: “Tabarani narrated it in al Mu’jam al-kabir and the narrators in its chain of transmission are all those of sound (sahih) narrations.
Fasting in First 10 days of Dhul Hijjah
The first 10 days of Dhul Hijja is very holy and people try to fast as many days as they can from those 10 days. It is mustahabb (highly recommended) for those who are not pilgrims of the Makkah to fast on the day of ‘Arafah.
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “Fasting the day of ‘Arafat expiates the sins of two years: a past one and a coming one…” [Muslim (no. 1162)]
It is Recommended to fast:
- 9th of Dhul Hijjah – Yawmmul ‘Arafah – (Day of ‘Arafat)
Imam Ghazali said in ‘Ihya’ `Ulum al-Din’ :
“Fasting is definitely desirable in certain meritorious days, some of them being found in every year, others in every month, and others in every week. Those that are found in every year after the days of Ramadan are:
- The Day of ‘Arafah [9th of Dhul Hijjah]
- The Day of ‘Ashura [10th of Muharram]
- The first Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah
- The first ten days of Muharram
And all the sacred months are preferred for fasting… and they are:
- Dhul Qi’dah
- Dhul Hijjah
Adab (Practices) of ‘Eid Ul Adha’s (Feast of Sacrifice)
Print Takbirat ul ‘Eid – Arabic, transliteration with English translation
لَبَّيْكَ اللَّهُمَّ لَبَّيْكَ، لَبَّيْكَ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَكَ لَبَّيْكَ، إِنَّ الْحَمْدَ، وَالنِّعْمَةَ، لَكَ وَالْمُلْكَ، لاَ شَرِيكَ لَكَ
Labbayk Allahumma Labbayk, Labbayka la sharika laka Labbayk,
Innal Hamda, wan Ni’mata laka wal Mulk, La sharika lak.
Here I am O Allah (AllahuMma), Here I am. You have no partner, here I am.
Verily all praise and blessings, and all sovereignty/Kingdom are Yours, You have no partner.
- It is recommended not to eat anything on the day of ‘Eid al-Adha until one perform the Prayer.
- Perform ghusl (ritual shower) anytime after Fajr and before the ‘Eid Prayer, even if one does not attend the prayer.
- Dress your best and for men to wear perfume
- It is Sunnah to come to the masjid early and on foot, and to return home by a different route.
It is preferable for a ‘Eid Congregation to pray outdoors. The ‘Eid prayer is a Sunnah mu’akkada or confirmed Sunnah and is recommended to be prayed in congregation. It is wajib (obligatory) in the Hanafi madhhab and therefore required of every person who is required to perform Jum’ah, i.e. healthy male residents of the region in which it is performed.
Complete the Sunnah of Qurban (Sacrifice)
وَأَتِمُّوا الْحَجَّ وَالْعُمْرَةَ لِلَّهِ ۚ فَإِنْ أُحْصِرْتُمْ فَمَا اسْتَيْسَرَ مِنَ الْهَدْيِ ۖ…
2:196 – ” Wa atimmul Hajja wal Umarata lillaah; fain uhsirtum famas taisara minal hadyi,…” (Surat al Baqarah)
“And complete the Hajj and ‘Umrah (i.e. the pilgrimage to Makkah) for Allah (AJ). But if you are prevented (from completing it), then send an offering/sacrifice that can be obtained with ease (of sacrificial animals)…” (The Cow, 2:196)
It’s Sunnah to do Qurban (Sacrifice)
A reminder for everyone that the Quraban is a Sunnah Mu’akkadah (confirmed action of the Prophet ﷺ) in the mazhabs (school of Islamic Law) of Imam Malik, Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal, and Imam Shafi’ and it is wajib (mandatory) in the mazhab of Imam Abu Hanifah.
As mentioned it is a Sunnah mu’akkada and, in the Hanafi mazhab, a wajib, for every adult Muslim man and woman to sacrifice at least one shat — a sheep or a goat — for `Eid al Adha. This may be done any time after the prayer on the first day of `Eid until sunset on the last of the two days following the first day. One may have someone else perform the sacrifice on his behalf, whether in his presence or in absent.
A Message from Mawlana Shaykh Nurjan:
We are getting Ready for the Holy month of Pilgrimage Hajj. The Days of Qurban, sacrifice, for the sake of Allah are approaching with Dhul Hijjah starting soon inshAllah. This is an excellent time to give in the Way of Allah (AJ) and to receive the tajalli’s of this holy month. If you are not already doing so, please consider signing-up for monthly support through PayPal. Giving monthly support allows us the opportunity to become a shareholder in these blessings, so that our families can be dressed by them, and is highly recommended. All donations are tax deductible at the end of the year, inshallah.
All proceeds go towards supporting the Center and its programs. Therefore it is also considered money spent in the Way of Allah (swt). Every donation we give, takes away many difficulties from our lives and surrounds us and our loved ones with blessings. If you would like to give a donation you may do so online or give personally to Mawlana Shaykh Nurjan, inshallah. May Allah (swt) reward everyone here and Hereafter for their generosity and their commitment to supporting the true message of Islam in these difficult times!
وَسَيُجَنَّبُهَا الْأَتْقَى ﴿١٧﴾ الَّذِي يُؤْتِي مَالَهُ يَتَزَكَّىٰ ﴿١٨
92:17-18 – “Wa sayujannabuha al atqa. Al ladhi yutee maalahu, yatazakka.” (Surat al Layl)
“But the righteous one [who is conscious of Allah] will avoid it [hell fire]. Those who spend their wealth to Purify himself/increase in self-purification.” (The Night, 92:17-18)
Donate Online Now: click HERE to make a donation today!
To do a Qurban (Sacrifice) for ‘Eid ul Adha, please contact the Sufi Meditation Center of Vancouver as early as you can..
Book on realiteis of Hajj
By: Mawlana Shaykh Nurjan Mirahmadi: Secret Realities of Hajj
- DHUL HIJJA: A Sacred Month of Sacrifice – Main page of Dhul Hijjah, includes important events, handouts, du’as of this holy month
- Secret Mysteries of Ka’bah and Hajj
- Realities of Hajj and the Sacred Souls
- Reality of Hajj – Everything Makes Tawwaf (Circumambulation)
- Reality of Tawwaf (Circumambulation) – Ka’bah is the heart of the Believer, Madina is the House of Allah
- Realities of Circle and Secrets of Hajj – First Hajj was in the womb
- Realities of 7 Tawwaf – 7 Names in 7 Paradises
- Secrets of Safa wal Marwah Opening Zamzam – 7 Springs of Knowledge & Emanations
- Hajj is ‘Arafat, ‘Arafat’s Secret is Ismail (as) – Representing Maqam Ihsan (Excellence/Perfection)
- The Youthful Innocence of Ismail (as) & to be Rabbaniyun – Realities of Prophet Ismail, Innocent Youth, Maqam Ihsan
- Surah Yusuf (Joseph), Description of a Seeker’s Journey – Secrets of 12th Chapter of Holy Quran, Prophet Joseph (as)’s life is Story of a mureed on Tariqah
- How Does Hajj Relate To Spiritual Growth?
- It is the Time of the Mahdiyon – Muhammadan Hadi (Most Guided)
- What is Madad (Seeking Support), Do you Worship the Ka’bah?
Please Donate and support us to spread these heavenly knowledges by clicking the heart button below.
Copyright © 2021 Naqshbandi Islamic Center of Vancouver, All Rights Reserved.